Christmas 2015


It's that time of year again... 


December is the time to plan jolly get togethers, eat way too much food, drink merrily and...presents. 





First thing was the annual Secret Santa gathering with Keely, Natalie, Alyson and Becky. Becky hosted again this year and with no surprise, there were lots of food, drinks and the conversation borderline politics to Batman to debauchery.  

See last year's secret Santa here.






Adam, Gemma & I went to the Frankfurt Christmas Market in Birmingham to soak up the festivities and drink mulled wine. 

I pre-booked a space in one of the car parks thinking it was going to be packed and we wouldn't be able to find a space. I booked at Birmingham High Street and it cost £6.80 for 7 hours. 

The weather was dull but it didn't spoil our day. We ended up eating at Pizza Hut as everywhere was chaos and had massive queues. 

Of course, I indulged and had a banana and Nutella crape from the market afterward.







Had a meal at Man's Restaurant the day before Christmas eve with family and work colleagues. We munched on dim sum and other amazing Chinese dishes.   







We had a carvery with some friends at The Hole in The Wall.



On Christmas eve, I had brunch with Kate. We exchanged presents, had a good catch up and ate eggs, salmon and avocado on brown bread.


The following evening, I met some friends for Thai food at Zaap and a few festive drinks at Turtle Bay (as it was the only place opened late on Christmas Eve).








CHRISTMAS DAY

We started the day opening our stocking fillers. At my age, I was very happy to receive socks, chocolates and candles. I made eggs and avocado bagels for breakfast. Put on my Christmas jumper and headed off to my parents. 


My gingerbread men Christmas jumper was from Next
















Christmas evening came along and I got picked up to go to Adam's parents house where I continued to eat more food and open more presents.


Until next year...

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts