Christmas 2016: Decorating


It is finally that time of year again where we patiently (or, impatiently, in my case) wait for the first Saturday of December to put up our Christmas decorations.


Before we get in to the festivities, I am planning on posting all my other little adventures that happened during 2016 in January so watch this space.

In the meantime...

After 6 years with the same cheap tree we bit the bullet and brought a new tree. We brought it from The Range and cost £50. Well worth the money as far as fake trees go as it is full and bushy and we are very happy with it. 

The new tree stands at 6ft and so we needed to buy new lights to accommodate the larger tree (our old one was 5ft). Cut to my surprise when I opened the box I found a remote. It made me happier more then you realise. 

With some old favorites saved from past Christmases we brought new decorations from B&M. We went for a silver and red theme this year.

The day consisted of Christmas films, Christmas tree crumpets, yummy pastrys, Christmas music, wrapping presents, cheese boards and lots of mulled wine.

Oh and you may have noticed on Netflix they have a few 60 minute filming of a fire place burning. Very cosy and convenient when you don't have one and you want to set a scene.
















(Taken with my IPhone)
:-)

Comments

Popular Posts