A Weekend in Swindon & Bristol

Last weekend was my friends birthday so we got the car packed up and headed to Swindon for the weekend. We left for her house Friday evening and had a day out in Bristol on the Saturday with a night out around Swindon that following evening. 
Eventually, we ended up at a strip club...





We left Nottingham for the 2 hour and 25 minute journey to Swindon. The journey wasn't bad at all. A long road trip but was made better by a playlist and some friends. We arrived at roughly 10:30pm that night, unpacked our stuff and gave the birthday girl her birthday presents/housewarming gifts.

The next morning, we got up to head to the train station for Bristol. 



/\ Martin having a quick snooze



Once we arrived in Bristol we were all very hungry and needed food STAT. We stumbled on this pub  (can't remember the name), took to our booths (with 8 of us we needed 2) and chose our food.







/\ my New York steak ciabatta bread with chips

All full and happy we took to the streets of Bristol...
 




/\ Tara was overjoyed when she spotted the South African flag and went in search for the shop














/\ thanks Martin for the photo bomb









The German Christmas had already arrived in Bristol that weekend. At this point the girls went shopping whilst the boys went somewhere else. Don't know how I managed it but with everything Bristol had to offer I only spent £28. Unheard of in my world.









Before we knew it, it was later and before getting the train back to Swindon we decided to stop off for a drink in the German Market's food quarter. 
Here the boys are wearing what we called "wizards hats". These were free when brought with a 2 pint of beer. These were huge. Take note people's head size compared to the beer glass...








When we got back to Swindon, we were very tired and sleepy. Most of us were hungry so we ordered takeout. People had Pizza or Chinese. I choose Chinese and was that hungry I ordered 2 main dishes. My eyes bigger then my stomach.


People started arriving so I went and got ready. We headed to a pub called The Victoria in what was called The Old Town. A small pub but with really good music.


While we were all in deep conversation, we overheard people talking about going to a strip club. Everyone was up for going so I thought why not. I'd never been before and it could be one of those life moments I could tick off before I turned 30. 

I'm in a loving secure relationship and the thought of scantily clad women trying to get my boyfriends attention never occurred to me. Some women would flat out say no. I had an idea of what it would be like so I don't think I was hazed by it. Adam expressed his concern but I was just curious. I was more curious with how the other men would react to 3 casually-dressed-non-stripper girls coming in.

Turns out, not so bad. We got the "are we lesbians?" comment but that's drunk ignorant men for you. I expected because of the £5 entry fee the strippers would look unhealthy and look like they were taking some form of drugs (my naive kicking in). 
I was wrong. The girls were curvy, healthy looking and really pretty. The ladies we got to speak to were all really nice and told us they have a lot of woman coming in regularly. We got offered a couples dance which I respectfully declined.

All-in-all a good night. I wouldn't say I'd go again but at least I can say I've experienced it.

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts