York (Day 1)



I love York.

These always something to do in York.

New places to discover and nice people to meet.

This is why it's the second time going for my birthday. See last years York trip here.

(warning: very picture heavy)





This year we made it a priority to spend two nights as I think we missed so much of York last time.

We arrived around 11:30am to the Dairy Guesthouse and was greeted by the lovely Mike (the owner) who showed us to our room. The room wasn't at all fancy-pants but that was cool with us because we weren't going to be spending a lot of time there anyway.

Once we got settled, we changed our clothes and walked the 10 mins distance towards town center. One of the main reasons why we chose this guesthouse. 













As we missed it last year we headed straight for York Castle Museum

Admission cost for an adult is £9.50 and the ticket is valid for one year.

The highlight for me was Kirkgate: The Victorian Street...



























> whilst Adam was on the phone I was keeping myself entertained









> yep, that would be Adam playing pole dancer with the Victorian street lamp...












> where he should be

> I'm innocent...I swear!











> Adam's shadow puppet - "its a bunny with a knife in its head"







> my most helpful comment


After spending what seemed like hours in the castle museum we next made our way to the Golden Fleece for a snack and drinks. The sun was still shinning so we sat outside...
















Our walk through York's city centre lead us to the famous Betty's. The queue was huge so we didn't have a chance to sit in and see what all the fuss was about. We did, however, look around all the other tasty cakes you could takeaway. 

I may have made a little purchase...






Wanting a cake fix without waiting we stumbled on to Patisserie Valerie.

Adam had tiramisu ice cream and I had a mixed berry tart...




> my cheeky purchase from Betty's

We made our way back to the guesthouse, chilled out, freshened up and made our way to our evening meal at Prezzo.





> prosciutto ham, mushrooms and black olives pizza

> pepperoni sausage, chicken and pancetta bacon pizza

> green beans sauteed in garlic butter



After our meal, we went to the pub to have a drink. Feeling very full and satisfied we slowly made the walk back to the guesthouse.

Not a bad route if you ask me...





York (Day 2) coming soon.

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts