York (Day 2)


Our second day in York.

See day 1 here.

(warning: very picture heavy)



The day started off with a full English breakfast, earl gray tea for me and coffee for Adam...



> our view from the window
The owner Mike preparing breakfast




After a hearty breakfast, I put on my new unicorn t-shirt (a birthday present from the sister. Unfortunately, not sold anymore) and headed out to explore more of York and visit Barley Hall...but not before a quick trip to Bettys...













Barley Hall is medieval house once home to the Priors of Nostell and the Mayor of York.  It has been decorated to replicate what it would have looked like as the Snawsell home around 1483. 

Tickets to this attraction costs £5.50 per adult.























> think I'll quote this every time I'm poorly







We took ourselves to the Evil Eye Lounge for a drink...





I got hungry and realised I still had my YoSushi birthday voucher to use. 

25% off the entire bill? Lets do this...






We decided after our meal and a little walk that we should get dessert. 

What better way then to visit York's Chocolate Story

Unfortunately, they wouldn't let you film/picture the guided tour (which was really good by the way) but I was allowed once we got the chance to make our own chocolate bars!

Tickets costs £9.95 per adult...



















Our final evening meal in York was at a Chinese restaurant named Hong Kong Chop House...












The next morning was us leaving. 

We had another hearty breakfast from Mike, packed the car up and made our very sad but merry way back to Nottingham.

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts