11 Years Ago


Adam and I celebrated our 11th year anniversary together.




We spent our windy day playing tourist in our own town by taking a little field trip to Nottingham Castle. I misplaced my Citycard (not really knowing what is was at the time) so we had to pay full price of £6 each. With a Citycard its £2 weekdays. 

I, however, was a little disappointed to discover that some parts of the museum were closed off as new installations were being built. 

We did spend the next few hours roaming and exploring the new things I hadn't seen before, for example, the Riot 1831 and the Sherwood Foresters Museum all about Robin Hood.  

Apparently, his famous in these parts...





Castle gatehouse


Ducal Mansion and castle gardens




Memorial to Albert Ball, who was raised in Nottingham, a fighter pilot during the First World War.



Bandstand


Trying to tame the beast that is my hair.















The entrance to Ducal mansion











































Obligatory mirror shot. 






Later, we got dressed up and had our anniversary meal at Chino Latino a pan-Asian restaurant in Nottingham. If memory serves me right, the first time we went was on my 21st birthday so we decided to go for memory sake.

This time where we got to use our Tastecard 2 for 1 discount which was generously gifted to us at Christmas. 


Dragonfly and Elderflower and Cucumber Fizz cocktails. That's right, that is a chili pepper you see in my cocktail. I, overlooked and wanted to order fast, mistakenly didn't look at ALL the ingredients of the Dragonfly cocktail. It was very spicy. Now I hate spicy anything so Adam and I swapped drinks with him declaring he "...didn't want to see me suffer"


Nigiri set


Tenkaso roll


Lamb gyoza


Prawn tempura


Sirloin steak on hot rocks


Pork belly


Vanilla creme brulee with raspberry sorbet AKA heaven


Adam here with Tastecard in hand all ready to pay. At this point we were looking at what movie to watch when we got home. With our discount the bill came to £62.50 (saving £42.50) so we were very happy. Maybe next time, I won't order a cocktail OR read it more clearly.

In all we had a really good day. We are planning to go back to Nottingham Castle when the new installations are complete. Plus, I really want to go back and see the Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition coming in July. 

:-)



Comments

Popular Posts