Salou 2016 (Day 1)


Back in September 2016 the day finally came. 


The day I was off to sunny Salou, Spain with my friend Keely. I woke up to my screeching alarm at 4:30am to catch our plane. Once checked in, I got quiet famished so we ventured to Frankie and Benny’s where I feasted on eggs benedict and a latte to get me though the morning travel.

Our flight was okay. Keely on the other hand had a slight mental breakdown. She previously warned me that she gets afraid on takes off and land so I was prepared to hold her hand and talk about “unicorn cocktails”.

Once we arrived at Barcelona airport, we made the mad dash to find our transfer bus to take us to the hotel. Now, I can be a patient person (sometimes) but this journey seemed to take FOREVER. An hour and half on a claustrophobic hot coach with no food or water makes for an angry Lisa apparently. After being the second to last to be dropped off we finally checked into our hotel.

We stayed at the Vil.la Romana hotel a place I’ve stayed twice before. You can see the posts of those previous holidays if you go to the search box (top right) and type in {Salou}.
















Once checked in, we made our way to our room where we unpacked, freshened up and made our way to the nearest shop to search out snacks and water to store in our room. 

Eventually, we made our way for dinner and watch the entertainment which was flaminco dancers. Each night they had different performers.

Dinner was buffet style with an array selection of salads, meats, rice and desserts with each evening having a different selection of items so it doesn’t get boring.


















:-)

Comments

Popular Posts