How Very Potter


Another long awaited post. 
The title of this post refers to the many Harry Potter moments I had on this trip. I noted those with - (HP).



A few weekends ago, we took a spontaneous road trip to Lincoln. It was one of those perfect situations where Adam had his Saturday off work, I hadn't started preparing for my exam yet and the car tank was full. 
This in addition to the promise of good weather, made us think road trip. 

I'd never been before and was happy knowing it was only an hour and 15 mins away. A large part of the trip was to visit Lincoln Cathedral and the surrounding area. A great opportunity to bring the big girl camera.

We arrived at around 1pm (later then I would have liked) so we only had a small amount of time to do stuff.




/\ No one told me to get to the cathedral you had to climb a hill


When we reached the top we went for lunch at Magna Carta pub which is located near the cathedral. Adam went for a chicken, bacon and cheese baguette and I went for a tuna and mayo jacket potato.




When we finished lunch we headed to the cathedral. On first sighting, I never knew how grand the place would be. What I liked most about the place is the attention to detail. Everything from the windows to the border of the doors had something interesting to look at.






Tickets cost £8 each and when you gift aid you have entry for an entire year, so we did.


/\ (HP)









/\ Spot the face



/\ My stupid face



/\ My stupid face again

/\ (HP)

/\ My stupid face against the sun






/\ (HP)







/\ My stupid face looking at something



/\ (HP)

/\ Such a "natural" pose from Adam


/\ (HP)




/\ (HP)





/\ (HP) Does this not scream Harry Potter walked these halls?

/\(HP)


/\ (HP)








Like any post-tours we went to the gift shop...







I really liked the cathedral. I am not a religious person but I can appreciate the history, art and attention to detail it holds. With our annual pass I would be sure to visit again in the near future.

After leaving we had some time to look around some shops before heading home.












There is so much more to explore in Lincoln and hopefully we will do on our next visit.

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts