Date with Alison: April 2017


I finally used my Christmas present from my friend Alison.



It happened.

I went back to school...sushi school that is.

Alison booked us to do sushi school at YoSushi last weekend. We went on a sunny but cold Sunday morning at 10am where you are ushered to your station and are given a bamboo sheet, a guide book, gloves and an apron. 

From there, I was offered a cup of miso soup then our teacher went through step-by-step instructions on how to make certain types of sushi from maki to hand rolls. 

It was such a great experience and it was good to learn the different technics and the type of fish that are used. In the end, everything we made we got to take home in our own little takeaway boxes.











At that point, we got quiet famished so we took our boxes back to the cars and went to hunt down something for brunch.

We stumbled on a place called Cartwheel Cafe and Roastary where I feasted on tasty smashed avocado with poached eggs and a latte. 








After a few hours of shopping (spending money I didn't have...opps), we went to Thea Caffea for tea and warm scones.






:-)

SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts