Teenage Dreams Tour


So this finally happened and it was amazing...
(some photos courtesy of Alison and her iPhone)


The days leading up was to make sure I had all my Backstreet Boys playlist loaded up and organised. You can not travel to see the Backstreet Boys and not have their music.

The day consisted a funny train journey to Birmingham with Alison, finding the hotel, realising we went the long way round to the hotel and meeting Faye and Helen at the famous Bull at the Bull Ring

/\ This is seriously the way Alison drinks her water. No touchy mouthy













/\ Having a meekat moment


/\ Realising how similar our hats are. We called it "twinning" and it deserved a selfie

/\ At the Bull doing Alison's signature peace sign
(from left to right - Helen, me (obv), Faye & Alison)

We stopped for lunch at Handmade Burger Co. This place had over 40 different burgers so you could say we were spoilt for choice. I went for the avocado and bacon burger and it was big and yummy. Stupidly, I also ordered a side salad (instead of having chips) and a gerkin. What I didn't realise was it was a huge side salad and many little gerkins. So much food...

Our adventure continued to look for anything silly to wear. We stumble to the Bull Ring Market and found U.S.A eagle bandannas. Naturally, we think Backstreet Boys and we buy them. Best £1 spent in months. Cut to 5 mins later and we are wearing them around Birmingham city center attracting the stares of passerby's. 

We, and by "we" I mean they, tried on some metallic blue space boots for £3. In the end they decided no (thank god)

We went in search for glow sticks. We ended up buying 75p Star Wars glow-in-the-dark wands that had Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader on them. Not very Backstreet Boys but they did the job...or so we thought.

We traveled to the venue with time to spare. Alison and I went straight towards the merchandise section. We had discussed before the trip that we wanted to buy official t-shirts as I wouldn't know if I would see them again. 

Once we got in, we fired up the glow sticks and of course only two of them worked. Typical. 

/\ Don't we all look cool?
Notice the t-shirts

I love my t-shirt. It is currently hanging up proud on the back of my bedroom door as a kind remember.

What can I say that would portray the excitement and awesomeness that was seeing them live. I don't think I can. 

It was great watching All Saints live too. They were the supporting act and listening to the old hits made it all the more nostalgic.

I would say, it is a moment I will never forget and they did not disappoint.

I would say I'm a little f**ked off as my pictures and videos got deleted from my phone before I had a chance to upload them. Thank god Alison was on board (see below).  


The next day consisted of shopping, eating, shopping and more eating. Doing this trip mid-week was perfect because the shops weren't as full as they would be on the weekends.








/\ My brunch at EAT.
Tuna salad, banana, honey and oats yogurt and carrot, mango and lime juice.

Shopping included a trip to Selfridges. I'd never been before so I was excited. I knew how expense things would be so you could only imagine my surprise to see a tiny section of Primark there. I, of course, went and made a little purchase...or two. 

This experience would also lead me to try my first macaroon. I do like them by the way.

/\ This may look excessive but it is mostly gifts and food then anything else

That evening, we went for dinner at Woktastic. I got distracted watching the chefs prepare everything and I forgot to take pictures. 

/\ First thing I ordered...salmon and avocado hand roll

The next day was leaving day. We had some time to kill before our train so we ventured into China Town and ended up having an early lunch at a Chinese cafe. Just look at this food...


After eating, we went to a Chinese bakery. Even on a full stomach we managed to buy copious amounts of treats (I also brought more macaroons) . 

Then it was time to head home.

Alison made a video dedicated to our trip. Thanks Alison ;-)



:-)

Comments

Popular Posts