Life lately...

(unknown source)

January is an odd month. 
Must be hard to follow the excitement that was Christmas & New Year. 
Nothing exciting happens in January. 
You are more broke in January than any other month in the year (for me anyway)
It's too cold to do anything in January...but you make the best of it because in the end payday is just around the corner.

Here is what I've been up to lately...





Taio & Fox time

A few weeks ago I spent a few hours with Taio and Fox. We played with Taio's new toy he got for Christmas and I found myself occupied with Sulley (from a McDonald's Happy Meal)


 /\ Fox


 /\ Hello Sulley!

After a while, Taio got bored and asked to play "Angriw Burds" instead...

/\ Epic thinking moment



Games & Bunny

A few Saturday's ago, we had people round to have game night. This would include Monopoly The Walking Dead, Nerf Gun challenges, Hello Kitty memory game, Zombies!!! and Marvel MonopolyYou may think it's a bit much playing two Monopoly games but these were on different nights. 


/\ My Batman logo t-shirt from H&M 

(unknown source)

/\ Marvel comic college (one of Adam's Christmas gifts) 


The boys decided to part take in a game of Russian Roulette with the Nerf Gun...





While the girls had a play with my Hello Kitty Memory game...





The following day, we went to our friend's house to (once again) play a game of Monopoly and meet some furry creatures...


Meet Wotsit...






Wotsit has a sister named Thingy but she was unavailable for pictures (she wouldn't get out the hutch for less then £10,000 -  diva)

You can follow all their advantages on Instagram @wotsitandthingy.


New Camera Bag

A few days ago, I stumbled into a charity shop (trying to avoid credit card sales people) and came across this little beauty...


I don't really like generic camera bags that are available. I tend to tailor more towards handbag-looking types but the ones I find are really expensive. For my holiday last year, I purchased a camera bag insert so I could take any bag I wanted knowing the camera was safe and secure. 

I love this bag because a) it doesn't look like a camera bag, b) it has a adjustable strap, c) its compact size with room to spare and d) it only cost me £8!



I'm not sure who made it because the gold stitching on the label had worn off due to wear and tear. I did, however, find a Peseta and an old camera flash manual in the front pocket. 

A Small School Reunion

Last Friday, I met up with some old friends from school. We decided to go to the new Annie's Burger Shack & Freehouse premises now located in The Lace Market for some burgers and drinks. We were the class of 2000 so you could imagine how much catching up there was to do.


/\ Faye, Gemma, Alison & me (image provided by the lovely Alison)

Glossybox

Yesterday, I made the decision to cancel my Glossybox subscription. I did this based on the fact that I was accumulating a large amount of products I would never use and I was giving away. Each month I was purchasing my regular products all the while paying an extra £12 for products I didn't want. 

I still think the concept is a good idea. Don't get me wrong. It has introduced me to some products I have brought full size but in the end £12 is a lot of money to spend on something you will give away.

BIG NEWS!

I am going to fulfill the life-long dream to see one of the biggest boybands known to my teenage existence. My 13 year old self is screaming with joy and excitement. 

YES, I am FINALLY going to see the Backstreet Boys. 


(image provided by the lovely Alison)

I will leave you with this...



:-)

Comments

Popular Posts