Alton Towers


On Saturday, my dad took myself and the sister to Alton Towers. I haven't been for 5 years so I was very excited to see what was new. Soon as the tickets were booked online (do this as it works out cheaper) I googled my way to the website to see what I missed over the years. Turns out there were 3 new attractions - The SmilerThirteen and Nemesis Sub-Terra.


Let me just say, the day was hectic. Going to an amusement park on a Saturday in the summer holidays a week before school starts was the worst idea. I only managed to go on The Smiler. 

I waited a good 2 hours in the snake-like queue. Although, it didn't feel like it because the queue gradually moved and I was chit chatting to my sister anyway. Be prepared to stand up for a while though. 
I really enjoyed it. It is a very loopy ride. I'm glad that if I was going to attempt one new ride it was this one. 

Throughout the day, because it was so busy and I was fed up waiting 2 hours for another ride, we managed to do Hex, Duel, Haunted Hollow (not necessarily a ride), Ice Age The 4D Experiance, Sharkbait Reef and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I didn't think of it at the time but if these only 2 of you going then queue, if the ride has it, in the "single riders" line. You wont sit with your friend but the line is shorter and you can avoid huge crowds. I made that mistake with Thirteen. Damn you brain.



You can bet we knew where all these other cars were going

At least it was the nice scenic route






This is my dad collecting his free box of Krave. They were there to promote The Smiler

On our way to The Smiler

The Smiler



Pretty sure I waited more then 150 mins




The Towers




HEX







She was pretending to be an annoyed garden creature...her idea








"We are here?"



The Gardens

Battle Galleons


Haunted Hollow





Too much haunt for this little lady



"Mirror mirror on the wall, Can you hear the maidens call, Careful not to look too closely, For fear of seeing something ghostly"








Duel



SeaLife



Yep, that is broccoli you see being eaten by a fish. Who knew?









Saying goodbye to her new friend

All in all, a very good day out. Especially when you count the monorail as your last ride.

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts